Viking introduced today that new 2024 sailings of its Mississippi River cruises are now on sale. The company’s initially custom vessel, Viking Mississippi, will debut in August 2022 and will sail voyages on the Mississippi River involving New Orleans and St. Paul. Viking notes that find sailings have now offered out through the 2023 season. This solid demand from customers has led Viking to open 2024 sailing dates faster than originally predicted.
At present scheduled ports of contact on Viking’s new Mississippi River cruises protect seven U.S. states: Louisiana (Baton Rouge, Darrow, New Orleans and St. Francisville) Mississippi (Natchez and Vicksburg) Tennessee (Memphis) Missouri (Hannibal, St. Louis) Iowa (Burlington, Dubuque and Davenport) Wisconsin (La Crosse) and Minnesota (Crimson Wing, St. Paul).
The 2022-24 Viking Mississippi voyages
- America’s Terrific River (15 days New Orleans to St. Paul)—Relax and take in the wide variety of scenery, foliage and wildlife on this leisurely voyage. Get pleasure from Southern appeal and preserved homes in Natchez retrace the methods of Civil Legal rights leaders in Memphis ascend the Gateway Arch in St. Louis and visit “The Norwegian Valley” in La Crosse. Several sailing dates are now obtainable in June, July, September and October 2023 and 2024.
- America’s Heartland (eight times St. Louis to St. Paul)—This journey introduces vacationers to the locks and dams that regulate the move of the heartland rivers. Hear tales of settlers migrating west master about Lewis & Clark, Mark Twain, John Deere and the Amish and Norwegian migrations encounter the regional new music like polka and Norwegian people and flavor regional delicacies showcasing area beer, create and Wisconsin cheese. Several sailing dates are now offered August to September 2023 and 2024.
- Coronary heart of the Delta (8 days New Orleans to Memphis)—Tour the region exactly where the migrating French and Acadians settled immerse oneself in the culture and classes from the American Civil Legal rights Movement uncover the tunes of the South—jazz, blues and gospel and expertise the lifetime and foodstuff tradition of the south, from Cajun and Creole to the famed “dry” Memphis BBQ. Multiple sailing dates are obtainable in November 2022 further sailing dates are now offered in January to June and Oct to December 2023 and 2024.
- New Orleans & Southern Allure (eight times New Orleans to New Orleans)—On this exploration of the Lower Mississippi, walk the historic estates and study about Civil War background at noteworthy web pages. The roundtrip journey from New Orleans will make it possible for visitors to sample Cajun and Creole cuisine though using in the sights and seems of the French-affected ports, such as Baton Rouge, Darrow and a lot more in Louisiana and Mississippi. A number of sailing dates are obtainable in November to December 2022 supplemental sailing dates are now out there in January and December 2023 and 2024.
- Mississippi Holiday break Time (8 days Memphis to New Orleans)—In December 2022, friends will find the Decreased Mississippi all through a particular getaway voyage. The eight-day journey will consist of exclusive “Privileged Access” to Graceland, adorned for the time Cajun cuisine and searching excursions a take a look at to marvel the light-weight shows and decorated historic residences in Natchez and Baton Rouge. Onboard festivities will consist of exclusive celebratory regional dining and treats for the holiday seasons. Multiple sailing dates are readily available in December 2022.
Over and above the Mississippi, the business just lately took supply of its seventh ocean ship, Viking Venus, which will formally be named on Could 17, 2021 in the United Kingdom by its ceremonial godmother, Anne Diamond. In 2022, Viking will introduce its new expedition cruises, with the very first 378-guest, function-constructed expedition ship, Viking Octantis, launching in January 2022 for voyages to Antarctica and then North America’s Great Lakes. A 2nd expedition vessel, Viking Polaris, will debut in August 2022, sailing to Antarctica and the Arctic.
Relevant Article content
Viking Proceeds Restart With Bermuda, Iceland and U.K. Voyages
Seabourn Reveals Wintertime and Spring 2022-23 Voyages
Silversea Shares Aspects on its Return to Sailing
Crystal Endeavor’s 2021 Iceland Voyages Now Open up for Reservation