With only five scenarios confirmed as of this morning on the island, Puerto Rico has place an island-extensive concerns management program in spot as a preventative measure to prevent mass spread of COVID-19 throughout the Island.
“Given the Island’s resilience and expertise with big disasters and expediting fast recoveries for financial turnaround, like it did from 2017’s Hurricane Maria to owning a history-breaking yr in tourism in 2019, island leaders know that having in advance and generating fast impactful conclusions like these are crucial to pushing ahead to get again on monitor when the crisis is at the rear of us,” Find Puerto Rico said in a statement.
Some of the actions Governor Wanda Vázquez Garced positioned over the weekend include things like:
- Setting up an island-extensive curfew efficient promptly from nine p.m. to five a.m., by means of March 31 the only exceptions are all those who are working or in scenarios of crisis.
- Increased overall health screenings of all travellers on arrival into San Juan’s Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport, which is composed of a short temperature examine, with even more screening at the airport, if essential
- Selling social distancing by suspending all huge gatherings on the Island right until March 31, which is in accordance with the U.S. Centers for Disease Command and Avoidance’s steerage for large gatherings and mass gatherings that recommends organizers cancel or postpone in-person gatherings that consist of fifty persons or far more throughout the U.S.
- All non-critical companies, which includes theaters, malls, casinos, bars, attractions, fitness centers and “any spot that encourages the accumulating of citizens in a person place” will be shut efficient promptly
- Supermarkets, pharmacies, gas stations and other critical companies like dining places that provide takeout or shipping will only be open up by means of 6 p.m.
- Taxis and Ubers will only function from five a.m. to 9 p.m., with the exception of all those servicing the airports.
“While this might disrupt existing tourism exercise on the Island by means of stop of thirty day period, we feel retaining our visitors and citizens safe and sound is our quantity a person precedence suitable now,” Find Puerto Rico adds.
This posting originally appeared on www.luxurytraveladvisor.com.
Austrian Airways to Suspend Flight Operations
The Travel Corporation Brand names Update Coronavirus Guidelines
Big U.S. Resorts Near on Coronavirus Suggestions
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Suspends Global Cruising