Paul Gauguin Cruises, operator of the Paul Gauguin in the South Pacific, will resume its Tahiti and French Polynesia compact-ship voyages beginning in July 2020. The line has also furnished details about its new, intensive “COVID-Secure Protocol.”
Since French Polynesia is officially reopening to worldwide tourism on July fifteen, 2020, Paul Gauguin Cruises will supply seven-night “Tahiti & the Society Islands” voyages departing July eleven and July eighteen, 2020, for the nearby French Polynesian marketplace. This itinerary sails roundtrip from Papeete, Tahiti with visits to Huahine and Motu Mahana, which is the line’s private islet off the coast of Taha’a. The ship also spends two days in Bora Bora, where company have each day entry to a non-public beach and two days in Moorea.
Both of those nearby and worldwide company will be welcomed onboard the line’s ten-night “Society Islands & Tuamotus” voyage departing July 29, 2020, from Papeete. In addition to sailing to the islands of Huahine, Bora Bora, Motu Mahana, and Moorea, this itinerary also features phone calls at the atolls of Rangiroa and Fakarava in the Tuamotu Archipelago.
In August 2020 and past, Paul Gauguin Cruises will resume its previously scheduled seven- to fourteen-night Tahiti, French Polynesia, and South Pacific sailings.
New COVID-19 Protocol
In the formal launch, the cruise line said the ship’s compact dimensions, medical infrastructure and onboard groups, alongside with necessary protocols and the professionalism of crew, will make sure there are no situations of COVID-19 contamination. To get ready for the resumption of action, Paul Gauguin Cruises and Ponant—which now owns Paul Gauguin Cruises—are collaborating with the IHU (Institut Hospitalo-Universitaire) Méditerranée An infection of Marseilles, a single of the world’s primary facilities in the area of infectious disorders, as very well as with the Battalion of Marine Firemen of Marseilles.
The “COVID-Safe” health protocols developed by Paul Gauguin Cruises and PONANT will include things like “100 percent monitoring of persons and products ahead of boarding” then, after onboard, strict health protocols will be adopted. In addition to strict cleansing techniques suggested by the U.S. Centers for Disorder Handle and Prevention (CDC) and Entire world Health Business (WHO), implementation of social distancing specifications and increased personnel training, Paul Gauguin Cruises’ new measures include things like:
- Prior to boarding, all company and crew associates will have to current a signed doctor’s medical type, total a health questionnaire, and undergo a health check out and screening by the ship’s medical workers
- All baggage will move as a result of a disinfecting zone by sanitizing mist or UV lamps
- Surgical and cloth masks, disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer bottles will be furnished to company
- The ship will have 100 percent new air in staterooms, as a result of non-recirculating air conditioning systems. Ventilated air will be renewed in the typical places at least five periods for each hour
- Restaurant layouts have been redesigned and will only supply “speak to-a lot less” a la carte dining options
- General public spaces, these kinds of as the conditioning space and theater, will be capped at fifty percent occupancy
- The ship will undertake hourly disinfecting of higher-touch factors, these kinds of as doorway handles and handrails, with EcoLab peroxide, which eradicates 100 percent of germs, micro organism and from organic contamination.
- Crew associates will be demanded to wear a mask or protecting visor when in speak to with company company will be asked to wear a mask in hallway corridors and that will be “suggested” for community spaces
- The Paul Gauguin is geared up with superior hospital devices, which includes cell laboratory terminals that allow tests on web page for infectious or tropical disorders superior diagnostic devices these kinds of as ultrasound, radiology and blood organic analysis is readily available, and a single health care provider and a single nurse are current on each and every sailing
- Zodiacs will be thoroughly disinfected soon after just about every stopover
- Reboarding soon after shore excursions will only be permitted soon after a temperature check out and disinfection techniques (folks and private belongings)
Seabourn Introduces New Tiny Team Costs, Shipboard Credit history
Hurtigruten to Sail Year-Spherical From the U.K., Germany and Norway
Riviera River Cruises Debuts New Team Gross sales Information and Webinar
SIlversea to Just take Shipping and delivery of Silver Origin