The U.S. Travel Affiliation declared the election of Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line, as its new nationwide chair. Duffy, who most recently served on the board as to start with vice chair, will lead an govt committee and board representing a various cross-part of vacation small business sectors.
As national chair of U.S. Vacation, Duffy will manual the board and association’s endeavours to:
- Increase engagement with corporations and organizations to push advocacy initiatives and condition the future of journey
- Unite the field underneath a single voice to inform the thoughts and actions of elected leaders
- Advance priorities concentrated on recovery and rebuilding of the U.S. journey market
- Educate and tell vacation stakeholders.
Duffy joined Carnival Cruise Line in 2015 immediately after serving as president and CEO of Cruise Lines Intercontinental Association (CLIA). She has also served as president and CEO of Maritz Travel Organization. As president of Carnival Cruise Line, Duffy oversees a business that sails a fleet of 24 ships, each year hosts just about 6 million visitors and employs far more than 43,000 folks from 110 nations all around the world. Duffy is the very first female to provide as president of Carnival Cruise Line.
Duffy sits on the company boards of directors of Aimbridge Hospitality, a hotel administration solutions corporation, and Herschend Relatives Leisure, the nation’s biggest loved ones-owned operator of themed points of interest, which includes Dollywood and Branson’s Silver Dollar City. She sits on the Specialist Advisory Board of St. Jude Children’s Investigate Hospital, of which Carnival Cruise Line is the official celebration lover. Duffy is also a member of The Committee of 200, an group of the world’s most effective ladies company leaders that supports, celebrates and advancements women’s management. She was not too long ago named by Women of all ages Primary Journey & Hospitality as a single of its major women in journey and hospitality.
In addition to Duffy, U.S. Travel installed other board officer positions:
- Vice Chairs: Julie Coker, president and CEO, San Diego Tourism Authority Fred Dixon, president and CEO, NYC & Corporation and Sharon Siskie, SVP, industrial strategy – Disney Signature Activities, Disney
- Treasurer: Stephen Revetria, president, Giants Enterprises, San Francisco Giants
- Secretary: Michael Dominguez, president and CEO, Connected Luxury Lodges Intercontinental
Duffy succeeds Vacation spot DC president and CEO Elliott L. Ferguson, II, whose term as chair has concluded.
KHM Travel Group Launches “KHM Today” Converse Clearly show
Leisure & Hospitality Accounts for 39% of Employment Misplaced to Pandemic
Regent 7 Seas Cruises Helps make Appointments in Internet marketing and PR
Stats: U.S. Travel Agency Air Ticket Profits Demonstrate Month to month Development