The inaugural Caribbean Virtual Vacation Expo, a collaboration concerning Vacation Advisors Offering the Caribbean and the Organization of Japanese Caribbean States (OECS), was launched on June 17. The one-day virtual celebration was developed to mail a concept that the Caribbean has reopened properly for enterprise. The topic of the function was “From Survival to Sustainability: Charting the Foreseeable future Class of Caribbean Tourism.” Reps from lodges, points of interest, airlines, cruise lines and excursions furnished guidance, vacation deals and no cost information classes, to bolster field connections and showcase the vacation options in the area.
Some 1,425 delegates registered to participate in the 12-hour plan, which involved 23 sessions and 40 speakers on the Expo’s digital phase. Presentations geared exclusively towards vacation advisors were being held among during the working day, and in the night the classes were being opened to buyers. Audience engagement was facilitated by means of webinars, chat rooms, one-on-a person chats, are living polls and additional.
Highlights of the Caribbean Journey Expo included:
The Expo experienced a diverse application lineup of academic and experiential presentations that bundled:
- Keynote Tackle: Shipped by Dr. Didacus Jules, director common of the OECS about the “Current Impact of Caribbean Tourism and Potential Alternatives.”
- Academic Sessions: Expert subject areas, these types of as LinkedIn, Pinterest, storytelling, e-mail and Seo advertising, to greatly enhance abilities-making and strengthen income and marketing and advertising techniques.
- Panel Discussions: Insights from vacation business officials and location leaders about the condition of the sector and the upcoming outlook, publish-pandemic.
- Sustainable Initiatives: Recognizing a larger need for liable and authentic travel, the Youth Discussion board highlighted three Caribbean youth-owned businesses, built on sustainability practices.
- Caribbean Expertise: A tribute to St. Vincent and the Grenadines next the modern volcano eruption it included performer Skinny Incredible, five-time Soca Monarch winner of the region and Jamaican cultural performer Dr. Amina Blackwood-Meeks. Veteran Caribbean broadcaster Julian Rogers, MBE hosted the Opening Ceremony.
- Mind of the Advisor Polls: Audience insights to gauge the perceptions and intentions of vacation advisors.
- Prize Financial institution: That includes over 15 Caribbean activities.
Caribbean suppliers engaged delegates in just one-to-a single consultations and accessed downloadable content material, this kind of as brochures, presentations and video clips. Representatives of these Caribbean makes mentioned itinerary suggestions and particular promotions and provides, delivering vacation advisors with the inspiration to promote extra Caribbean travel activities. The list of exhibitors had been the Antigua and Barbuda Inns Association, the Bahamas, Belize, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Montserrat, Saint Lucia, Sandals and Seashores Resorts, Vacation Advisors Selling the Caribbean, and the United States Virgin Islands.
In this prevalent region, attendees have interaction in are living chats with sponsors, exhibitors, speakers or their peers. There have been chances to share views, provide data, inquire inquiries, extend their community of contacts and deliver small business alternatives.
For more information, visit www.tastc.org.
CHTA and ASTA Be a part of Forces to Raise Member Rewards
B.V.I Drops Quarantine, Arrival Exam for Vaccinated Vacationers
Aruba Tourism Authority Hires New Southeast Product sales Supervisor
Curaçao Lifts On-Island Limitations Ahead Summer months Travel