On October one, Belize formally reopened the Philip Goldson International Airport, welcoming inbound leisure travel for international visitors, with authorised resorts and tour operators only. The choice to reopen the international airport, which was shut due to COVID-19 limitations in late March, as perfectly as launch Period three of the destination’s five-period Vacation Reopening Plan, was made in conjunction with the key minister of Belize, the Rt. Hon. Dean O. Barrow.
Tourists looking to stop by Belize can pick from a new plan of yr-round, non-halt flights offered by American Airways, United Airways and Delta Air Traces. From October one, Belize started welcoming non-halt flights from Miami (through American Airways) and Houston (through United Airways). In the same way, Delta will resume airlift on November twenty with non-halt services from Atlanta. The restoration of immediate-flight services allows visitors to get to Belize in around 3 hrs or fewer and is a key milestone in the country’s phased reopening.
In this preliminary period of reopening for international visitation, Belize’s “Safe Corridor” will contain resorts, eating places and tour operators that have realized the destination’s “Tourism Gold Regular” recognition. This 9-place software seeks to improve the tourism industry’s overall health and basic safety specifications by adapting new behaviors and treatments to guarantee both equally personnel and vacationers are confident in the cleanliness and basic safety of Belize’s tourism product or service. Enterprises that fulfill the demands of the “Tourism Gold Regular Program” are qualified and promoted as getting applied these enhanced measures with a “Gold Regular Seal of Acceptance.” This seal will be noticeable for all guests wherever realistic, this sort of as tour operator motor vehicles and vessels, lodge lobbies, major doorways of entry, and so on.
Gold Regular Accredited Motels
As the Belize Tourism Board continues to method applications, inspect and approve new homes, visitors are encouraged to visit belizetourismboard.org for authorised homes. It’s proposed vacationers stop by the web page usually for updates, as new homes are additional every day. Motels authorised to open up inside the safe corridor:
- Have realized the Tourism Gold Regular Recognition Application and obtained approval to reopen
- Are ready to provide entire services to guests. This signifies that these homes are ready to provide all features, such as round-trip transport services from the airport, entry to a cafe on house, a pool and/or beachfront, offer you onsite actions and provide isolated tours.
- In addition to the previously mentioned, these homes will also put into practice:
- Social distancing and the use of facemasks though in public spaces
- On line check-in/out, contactless payment programs and automatic ordering/reserving
- Hand sanitizing stations across the house
- Improved area cleansing and enhanced sanitation of public spaces and large-contact surfaces
- Daily overall health checks for guests and personnel
- Designated “isolation/quarantine rooms” for suspected COVID-19 cases and motion plans
Gold Regular Accredited Tour Operators
As with Gold Regular resorts, visitors are encouraged to review the recent record of authorised operators at belizetourismboard.org. It’s proposed vacationers stop by the web page usually for updates, as new operators are additional every day. Gold Regular operators:
- Have a “Gold Regular Application Manager” who implements protocols and makes sure compliance
- Conduct non-invasive temperature checks when choosing up guests
- Ensure social distancing protocols for employees and visitors in the course of tours
- Supply enhanced cleansing and sanitation treatments of tour equipment
- Have a response prepare need to there be any suspected cases and teaching prepare for personnel to guarantee preparedness to handle new protocols
Tourists are required to abide by new arrival and departure processes to enter and leave the region, all of which are readily available on www.travelbelize.org/overall health-basic safety. As the predicament continues to remain fluid, these protocols are issue to adjust.
Costa Rica to Open up to All States as of November one
Panama to Reopen Borders to International Tourists October 12
Mexican Caribbean Tourism Sector Reopens Pursuing Delta
Large Island Opts Out of Statewide Pre-Vacation Screening Application